Vail Daily letter: Same dream, same team
February 28, 2017
To all my fellow Vail Resorts employees:
This season is my 26th year with Vail Resorts, all 26 spent teaching skiing at Beaver Creek. It is humbling to have worked all these years alongside so many wonderful people.
I would like to shout out to all my fellow employees throughout the Vail Valley for a job well done. From bus drivers to Ski Patrol, reservationists to rental shops, servers, housekeepers, lift ops, lift maintenance, cat drivers, trash collection, ski school to warehouse workers — same dream, same team!
Everywhere I go, I see the front line of workers putting out a terrific product. These "worker bees" are meeting and greeting and assuring our guests of the "Experience of a LIfetime." Together we get the job done. I see staff go over and above to hand hold our customers, to help guide them to a successful day, week, vacation, very often clinching the experience, assuring that those guests will return next year.
From one employee to another, I say thank you to all my peers — you inspire me daily.
Trending In: Opinion
- $5 million for a pile of wood? Avon has better things to spend money on (letter)
- Democrats should communicate values, rather than just bashing Trump (letter)
- Let’s fund transit the right way: Vote ‘yes’ for Proposition 110 (letter)
- Wissot: Don’t let politics play such an overwhelmingly negative role in your life (column)
- Vote ‘yes’ on 7D to support Colorado Mountain College, a diamond in our community (letter)
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack