Vail Daily letter: Same dream, same team
February 28, 2017
To all my fellow Vail Resorts employees:
This season is my 26th year with Vail Resorts, all 26 spent teaching skiing at Beaver Creek. It is humbling to have worked all these years alongside so many wonderful people.
I would like to shout out to all my fellow employees throughout the Vail Valley for a job well done. From bus drivers to Ski Patrol, reservationists to rental shops, servers, housekeepers, lift ops, lift maintenance, cat drivers, trash collection, ski school to warehouse workers — same dream, same team!
Everywhere I go, I see the front line of workers putting out a terrific product. These "worker bees" are meeting and greeting and assuring our guests of the "Experience of a LIfetime." Together we get the job done. I see staff go over and above to hand hold our customers, to help guide them to a successful day, week, vacation, very often clinching the experience, assuring that those guests will return next year.
From one employee to another, I say thank you to all my peers — you inspire me daily.
Trending In: Opinion
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Birds of Prey showed our valley shining in the global spotlight; thanks for your contribution (letter)
- Lien: Tell Sen. Cory Gardner to support Land and Water Conservation Fund (column)
- Carnes: All days should be like this; sometimes it is fun to just hang out around here (column)
- Carnes: ’Tis the season for faux outrage at songs, TV and other holiday classics (column)
- Vail Resorts CEO Rob Katz gives $2 million in grants to support mental health programs
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Russian spammers the likely source of fake email bomb threats, IT experts say
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife arrests 2 Florida men for poaching after anonymous tip