Vail Daily letter: Schwartz for Congress
November 2, 2016
Dear Eagle County neighbors,
I wanted to take the opportunity to tell you why I endorse Gail Schwartz for Congress so strongly, and why she is the only candidate that I have ever donated to at the national level. Having served with her on the El Pomar High Country Council that serves both of our counties, I can attest that it was Gail who stood up and swayed our council in voting to give the necessary funding to implement Lake County's youth master plan to address the needs of our young people. It was she who led the legislation to create the BEST schools program, which ultimately enabled us to build a new high school. It was also Gail who led the fight to increase safety on Independence Pass.
Gail has a deep understanding of water rights and the issues related to Western Slope water, the importance of our public lands and how to protect them for future generations, and the impact that transportation has on our community's success, safety and sanity. In each of these arenas she has a track record to prove that she has taken action to improve on the status quo.
In an era of political games, Gail Schwartz has stood for something different. Her bills were 95 percent bipartisan during her career as our state senator. I urge you to join me in voting for someone who will put the games aside and do what's best for our high country and all of Colorado. Please vote Gail!
Lake County commissioner
Trending In: Opinion
- Berlaimont Estates access route (letter)
- Democrats should communicate values, rather than just bashing Trump (letter)
- Backcountry Hunters & Anglers encourage sportsmen to vote public lands and waters (column)
- Maybe it’s time to wipe the slate clean in Avon on Election Day (letter)
- Diane Mitsch Bush most qualified to represent 3rd Congressional District (letter)
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect
- Fire is burning north of Dotsero, near Sweetwater resort
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Hahnewald barn’s proposed first move would cost $390K, take up 12 parking spaces in downtown Avon