Vail Daily letter: Simonton for treasurer
November 2, 2016
I offer my enthusiastic support for Teak Simonton in her bid to become Eagle County's treasurer
I have been a Vail property owner for close to 20 years. I had the fortunate opportunity to meet Teak Simonton eight years ago when our boys started attending the same school. We quickly became close friends as we worked together to organize community activities and events and traveled all over Colorado to watch our kids compete. We put in a lot of volunteer hours together and sometimes we didn't get a lot of help, but with Teak there things always got done.
She is amazingly organized, hard-working, always thinking out of the box coming up with better ways to get the job done, and quick to volunteer and step in if a need arose. Teak was always focused on the job, but she has a quick smile and great sense of humor as well. The positive way she interacts with everyone, the way she manages a project — she is a natural leader.
I know enough about elections to know that they are very complicated, and that they require tremendous team effort and coordination. Elections have been run perfectly in Eagle County for years, a true testament to the efforts and skills of Teak Simonton and her staff. I hope you will vote for Teak Simonton — Eagle County voters would benefit greatly from her presence in the Treasurer's Office!
Trending In: Opinion
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Birds of Prey showed our valley shining in the global spotlight; thanks for your contribution (letter)
- Lien: Tell Sen. Cory Gardner to support Land and Water Conservation Fund (column)
- Carnes: All days should be like this; sometimes it is fun to just hang out around here (column)
- Norton: The only thing better than a good book is a great book (column)
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife arrests 2 Florida men for poaching after anonymous tip
- Vail Pass upgrades will have to balance needs of motorists, cyclists, wildlife
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards