Vail Daily letter: Simonton for treasurer
November 2, 2016
I offer my enthusiastic support for Teak Simonton in her bid to become Eagle County's treasurer
I have been a Vail property owner for close to 20 years. I had the fortunate opportunity to meet Teak Simonton eight years ago when our boys started attending the same school. We quickly became close friends as we worked together to organize community activities and events and traveled all over Colorado to watch our kids compete. We put in a lot of volunteer hours together and sometimes we didn't get a lot of help, but with Teak there things always got done.
She is amazingly organized, hard-working, always thinking out of the box coming up with better ways to get the job done, and quick to volunteer and step in if a need arose. Teak was always focused on the job, but she has a quick smile and great sense of humor as well. The positive way she interacts with everyone, the way she manages a project — she is a natural leader.
I know enough about elections to know that they are very complicated, and that they require tremendous team effort and coordination. Elections have been run perfectly in Eagle County for years, a true testament to the efforts and skills of Teak Simonton and her staff. I hope you will vote for Teak Simonton — Eagle County voters would benefit greatly from her presence in the Treasurer's Office!
Trending In: Opinion
- Noble: We are a country of immigrants, so why are we afraid to embrace Spanish speakers? (column)
- Our View: The Vail Daily endorses some candidates, some ballot issues. Here’s why (editorial)
- Berlaimont Estates access route (letter)
- Ask yourself, what is a Colorado way of life worth to each of us? (letter)
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail
- Full Vail Snow Days lineup announced