Vail Daily letter: Simonton for treasurer
November 2, 2016
I had the privilege of working with Teak Simonton on a legislative project seeking some improvements in county government. We worked together with a commission that had been created by the Legislature.
Teak became the chair of our commission. After two years of frustrating work, we found our direction with Teak's laser-like focus and commitment. We accomplished a herculean task.
Teak is bright, a hard worker, a strong leader and a team player. She studies, she learns, she is humble. Teak would be an asset to any county government. Eagle County is fortunate to have her.
I strongly recommend Teak Simonton for Eagle County treasurer. I am a county away, but I know she will have a deeply positive impact.
Beverly Breakstone Summit County assessor
Trending In: Opinion
- Berlaimont Estates access route (letter)
- Democrats should communicate values, rather than just bashing Trump (letter)
- Backcountry Hunters & Anglers encourage sportsmen to vote public lands and waters (column)
- Maybe it’s time to wipe the slate clean in Avon on Election Day (letter)
- Diane Mitsch Bush most qualified to represent 3rd Congressional District (letter)
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect
- Fire is burning north of Dotsero, near Sweetwater resort
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Hahnewald barn’s proposed first move would cost $390K, take up 12 parking spaces in downtown Avon