Vail Daily letter: Simonton for treasurer
October 11, 2016
There are good choices and there are great choices. The good people of Eagle County have the opportunity to make a great choice by voting for Teak Simonton for treasurer. For eight years I had the pleasure of working closely with Teak when she was county clerk and I was a commissioner on county business. With no reservation I can tell you that she is everything you would want in a treasurer. She is intelligent, thoughtful, analytical and energetic. She has the ability to tackle problems head on. She'll define the problem, gather all available information, analyze the options, and doggedly pursue a solution acceptable to all interested stakeholders.
Please vote for Teak Simonton.
Trending In: Opinion
- Berlaimont Estates access route (letter)
- Noble: We are a country of immigrants, so why are we afraid to embrace Spanish speakers? (column)
- Democrats should communicate values, rather than just bashing Trump (letter)
- Our View: The Vail Daily endorses some candidates, some ballot issues. Here’s why (editorial)
- Maybe it’s time to wipe the slate clean in Avon on Election Day (letter)
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Fire is burning north of Dotsero, near Sweetwater resort