Vail Daily letter: Simonton for treasurer
October 14, 2016
I am writing this letter in support of one of my childhood friends, Teak Simonton, who is running for treasurer of Eagle County. During the past 43 years, I have had the privilege of witnessing Teak's many strong characteristics. She has a passion for helping others, communicates clearly and brings positive energy to everything she does. Her attention to detail and organizational skills are evident in her successful career as county clerk, and I know that she would carry these qualities forward when she is elected as the new treasurer.
One of my favorite qualities of Teak is her willingness to go the extra mile as she has over the past 13 years to ensure an exceptional voting experience for Eagle County residents. I am particularly inspired by Teak's dedication to the residents of Eagle County and I know that she will work tirelessly as county treasurer to ensure that the needs of the community are met. She will serve in her new position with as much positivity and commitment as she has in her role as county clerk. As a friend, I have always been able to count on Teak and I absolutely know that you can, too! I cannot endorse Teak strongly enough, and my only regret is that I am not a resident and cannot have the pleasure of casting my vote for her on Election Day. I urge you to cast yours for Teak Simonton.
Trending In: Opinion
- $5 million for a pile of wood? Avon has better things to spend money on (letter)
- Democrats should communicate values, rather than just bashing Trump (letter)
- Berlaimont Estates access route (letter)
- Backcountry Hunters & Anglers encourage sportsmen to vote public lands and waters (column)
- Vote ‘yes’ on 7D to support Colorado Mountain College, a diamond in our community (letter)
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard