Vail Daily letter: Skiing: A spiritual experience
February 24, 2017
Two years ago, I came out and went over to Christy Sports in Avon to rent a set of skis. The employee recommended the Rossignol Sin 7 ski. I said, "I'm not sure about that. You see, I'm a pastor. How about those Soul skis." He said, "No, you want the Sin." I gave into the temptation and rented them. I loved them! I loved the Sin! I told my buddy skiing with me, "You need to try the Sin!" I ended up buying a pair from Christy's.
Two months later for my birthday my wife asked me, "What do you want?" I told her I needed bindings for my new skis. We looked online. I found a set of Marker bindings on discount. The model name of the Marker bindings was Lord. That sealed the deal. Lord bindings on my Sin skis! I was becoming known among my skiing friends as the Billy Graham of skiing, seeing that Billy lives in Asheville!
I figured the story would end there. Not quite. Preparing for this year's trip to Vail/Beaver Creek, I began shopping for a new set of boots. What did I find? The Freedom line AT boot by Scarpa.
The package is complete.
I ski in Freedom because the Lord has taken my Sin.
Recommended Stories For You
Arden, North Carolina
Trending In: Opinion
- Mazzuca: The meek have already inherited the earth (column)
- Time for U.S. Forest Service officials to say ‘no’ to Berlaimont Estates road project (letter)
- Connect for Health Colorado: Optimism surrounds sixth-annual open enrollment (column)
- With record profits the past few years, why doesn’t Vail Health lower its prices? (letter)
- Column calling bus riders ‘peasants’ was appalling and disgraceful (letter)
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- I-70 standoff suspect allegedly stabbed ‘good Samaritan’
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Does cannabis cost, or pay? CCU study claims marijuana costs $4.50 for every $1 it generates
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza guilty of aggravated incest