Vail Daily letter: Support alternative energy
January 3, 2017
I heard something on the radio today that brought me up short. The speaker said that it seems that to be a good conservative you have to deny climate change. What a bunch of rot. I have to believe that many conservatives in this country have the intelligence to follow science rather than Fox News' anti-climate-change blather. Just because certain factions deny what is happening to our climate worldwide doesn't mean it isn't happening!
I keep wondering what my two great-grandchildren are going to think of how this ignorant denial fouled up their world.
Please support every bit of alternative fuel exploration possible. Thought: why isn't Colorado exploring geothermal energy along with wind and solar instead of trying to open more gas exploration?
Trending In: Opinion
- $5 million for a pile of wood? Avon has better things to spend money on (letter)
- Democrats should communicate values, rather than just bashing Trump (letter)
- Berlaimont Estates access route (letter)
- Backcountry Hunters & Anglers encourage sportsmen to vote public lands and waters (column)
- Vote ‘yes’ on 7D to support Colorado Mountain College, a diamond in our community (letter)
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard