Vail Daily letter: Support alternative energy
January 3, 2017
I heard something on the radio today that brought me up short. The speaker said that it seems that to be a good conservative you have to deny climate change. What a bunch of rot. I have to believe that many conservatives in this country have the intelligence to follow science rather than Fox News' anti-climate-change blather. Just because certain factions deny what is happening to our climate worldwide doesn't mean it isn't happening!
I keep wondering what my two great-grandchildren are going to think of how this ignorant denial fouled up their world.
Please support every bit of alternative fuel exploration possible. Thought: why isn't Colorado exploring geothermal energy along with wind and solar instead of trying to open more gas exploration?
Trending In: Opinion
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Carnes: All days should be like this; sometimes it is fun to just hang out around here (column)
- Carnes: ’Tis the season for faux outrage at songs, TV and other holiday classics (column)
- Ramirez: We are all human and fallible, but we can forgive others for their mistakes (column)
- Our View: Eagle-Vail’s Mikaela Shiffrin looks to be having fun while dominating ski racing
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza guilty of aggravated incest
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Vail Resorts stock took epic tumble Friday
- Can a hashtag make driving Vail Pass more safe during the winter months?
- City of Aspen slams on brakes with Lyft contract