Vail Daily letter: Thanks for contribution
October 14, 2016
The Eagle River Youth Coalition is committed to addressing the most critical needs of local youth and families to help create a safe, healthy community. We are fortunate to receive support from generous partners to help grow our youth prevention strategies and parent education efforts.
We would like to acknowledge the generosity of the 5th Judicial District and their charitable contributions program. The goal of this program is to provide assistance to nonprofits committed to preventing crimes and criminal activity, and to providing assistance to victims of crimes and criminal activity. The most interesting aspect of this program is that it aims to seek justice by linking offenders with financial commitments to local nonprofits, allocating fines from offenders to the tune of $20,000 year-to-date in our region of Eagle, Summit, Lake and Clear Creek counties.
Eagle River Youth Coalition has been able to utilize these funds to support safe driving initiatives, in-school substance use prevention programs for middle and high school youth, and skills-building opportunities for parents. Other local recipients of this program include Bright Future Foundation and Red Ribbon Project; partners of ours working diligently to support victims and undertake critical prevention initiatives. Zero administrative fees are retained by the district, so 100 percent of the offender fees go directly towards supporting local services.
Thank you to the 5th Judicial District for offering a program that so beautifully pairs critical community needs with relief opportunities. We look forward to many more years of strong partnership with the Eagle River Youth Coalition. Please learn more about the Eagle River Youth Coalition at eagleyouth.org or about the 5th Judicial District at DA5.us/programs.
James Wilkins, Kristi Grems, Tom Pohl and Jen Coulson
Eagle River Youth Coalition
Trending In: Opinion
- Carnes: A bigly appropriate Christmas poem (column)
- Birds of Prey showed our valley shining in the global spotlight; thanks for your contribution (letter)
- Lien: Tell Sen. Cory Gardner to support Land and Water Conservation Fund (column)
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Insert yourself into the cogs of democracy (letter)
- Skier dies after crash at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Vail Pass upgrades will have to balance needs of motorists, cyclists, wildlife