Vail Daily letter: Thanks for participating in Torch Run
I would like to say thank you to the community and all of the Eagle County emergency services agencies for your participation in and support of the 2017 Special Olympics Law Enforcement Torch Run that occurred on Sunday, May 21. This event would not be possible without the support and participation of each and every individual and sponsor from our community.
I would like to thank the following people for their time and support by participating in or sponsoring the 2017 Eagle County Special Olympics Law Enforcement Torch Run.
• Avon Police Department: Deputy Chief Coby Cosper, Chief Greg Daly, Officer Brad Stamp, Officer Al Zepeda.
• Colorado State Patrol: Trooper Jeff Chmielewski and Trooper Derrick Heller.
• Eagle Police Department: Chief Joey Staufer and Sgt. Thomas Rich.
• Eagle River Fire Protection District: Jeffrey Jones, Ethan Vroman, Joseph Ryan, Shane Merlihan, Ryan Vanderlinden, Wade Michaels, Derrick Ross, Kyle Maine, Timothy Swaner, Casey Cooper, Daniel Keith, Paul Watrous and John Bailey.
• Eagle County Paramedic Services: Amy Hennessey, Samantha Aaronson, Jessica Crawford, Ande Kloss, Clarissa Quinn, Sue Straub, Steve Vardaman, Dawn Vogeler and Steven Zuckerman.
• Eagle County Sheriff’s Office: Amy Baldwin, Amber Barrett, Sgt. Tim Comroe, Deputy David Dinowitz, Undersheriff Mike McWilliam, Reyna Medrano, Deputy Dave Proctor, Sgt. Theresa Reno, Sheriff James Van Beek, Sgt. Tom Brandl, Deputy Megan Heil and Deputy Betty Sanchez.
• Greater Eagle Fire Protection District: Clayton Forhsyth, Ryan Gregor, Eric Mosher and Nathan Thurman.
• Gypsum Fire Protection District: Eric Anson and Damien Trow.
• Vail Police Department: Eric Bonta, Christopher Botkins and Jessica Tice.
• Vail Public Safety Communications Center: Jennifer Kirkland and Marc Wentworth.
• Vail Fire Department: Chief Mark Novak, Ryan Ocepek, Jake Hartman and Airek Streetz.
• Community members: Caleb Barrett, Keean Barrett, Angela Kettinger, Patrick Reno, Ben Seifried, Carrie Van Beek, Nate Vasquez and Glenda Wentworth.
• Sponsors: Sundae Homemade Ice Cream, Local Joe’s Pizza, Walmart, Dominos, Ridley’s Family Market, Mountain Beverage (Tommyknocker Brewery), Honey Stinger and Classic Air Medical.
A special thank you goes out to Eagle County’s Special Olympics athletes who joined us in the run. I hope to meet many new participants from law enforcement and the community next year. Special Olympics will be holding its summer games this year June 9 to 11 in Grand Junction.
Deputy Lisa Vasquez
Eagle County Sheriff’s Office