Vail Daily letter: Thanks for rescue
January 24, 2017
Late last Wednesday evening, while driving on Highway 6 between Wolcott and Eagle, I came upon an Eagle County sheriff's deputy attempting to rescue two bird dogs who were out for a stroll and destined to be hit by an oncoming car. Luckily, the traffic behind me stopped also, and we witnessed the trooper successfully coax the dogs into the patrol car and transport them to safety. Thank you to the deputy for saving the cute dogs and avoiding a soon-to-be accident. And thank you to the patient drivers behind me.
Trending In: Opinion
- Mazzuca: The meek have already inherited the earth (column)
- Time for U.S. Forest Service officials to say ‘no’ to Berlaimont Estates road project (letter)
- Connect for Health Colorado: Optimism surrounds sixth-annual open enrollment (column)
- Menconi: Demand a Yes vote on the War Powers Resolution
- Column calling bus riders ‘peasants’ was appalling and disgraceful (letter)
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza guilty of aggravated incest
- Can a hashtag make driving Vail Pass more safe during the winter months?
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- Obermeyer’s throwback styles make a comeback for 2019