Vail Daily letter: That’s bullying
November 4, 2016
I don't know the guy who cut the two indoor political signs from Adam, so let's leave him out of this. But I hope he at least sees this letter.
I've never heard of a solution like this. Democrat, Republican, United States Pirate Party, whatever … asking for paid replacement and a public letter of apology is OK.
But magnanimously offering a so-called "compromise" to a young college student of Hispanic descent which would violate his moral preferences as an American voter is bullying wrapped in a pretty package, plain and simple. And being myself the daughter of an immigrant who fought Nazis and Communists, I see it as un-American. It smacks of privilege. I've contacted the ACLU and am waiting to see what they think.
Trending In: Opinion
- Mazzuca: Why was planting of American flag omitted from ‘First Man’ film? (column)
- Norton: The smartest person in the room is rarely the one doing the most talking (column)
- The Sandoval family thanks you for your support during their loss (letter)
- Matney: Are depictions of murder, bloodshed, violence and death the best way to have fun? (column)
- The persona of PSRA champion ski racer Lonny Vanatta, captured in photos (letter)
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Ski.com and Epic Pass are accepting applications for the dream ski job