Vail Daily letter: Trump is nobody’s only hope
October 25, 2016
I am mystified by someone saying, "I, too, have serious problems with the top of the Republican ticket" (Kaye Ferry, Valley Voices, Oct. 17) yet you are encouraging people to make a pathological narcissist liar the representative of America and the free world? Please think about the fact that his finger would be seven minutes from launching a nuclear attack. (Source: "60 Minutes" Sept. 25 interview with nuclear submarine captain who went through the process of launching and the order needs no clearance from anyone in Congress. Trump could just do it. Please watch it. Very scary.) The guy can't control himself on a Twitter account, let alone the complexities of a nuclear confrontation. His governing rule in life is to strike back when attacked, disrespected or even slighted. He is much, much more dangerous than just an obnoxious candidate.
Let me put this another way. If Anthony Weiner was running for president against Mitt Romney, I would vote for Romney. Yet you say Trump is your man?
You state Supreme Court nominations as the reason one should vote for Trump . You think he will just sit on his hands as president and pose no danger? The president of the US can do plenty of damage way beyond who is in the courts. If there is any doubt, please read history . Lyndon Johnson/Gulf of Tonkin. Kennedy/Bay of Pigs. Bush/Iraq. Nixon/Watergate. The Republicans had a great moderate candidate for the Supreme Court nominated by the current President named Merrick Garland, but in the never-ending "let's obstruct this president any way we can" attitude, they blocked it. Now they panic about more liberal judges? In your panic you want to elect a guy who is an "embarrassment to this country" (Colin Powell) . I watched all three debates and the guy knows nothing about foreign policy, nothing about governing (he has already pissed off most of our allies and he is not in any office), i.e.: "That's the way Mussolini arrived and the way Hitler arrived." Mexican President Enrique Pena on Trump's rhetoric: "Yes (the election of Donald Trump would be dangerous)." "(It) would complicate relations between Europe and the United States," said French President Francois Hollande. And there are many, many more. Russia and China want him because they know he is so stupid they can manipulate him.
You say the debt as a reason to vote for Trump, yet in the third debate that question was asked by Chris Matthews (conservative show host and anchor for Fox — not really your so-called liberal media) and he revealed Trumps plan as increasing the debt by 110 percent of GDP to Hilary's 85 percent. Trump's answer was, as with everything, "They are all wrong." As with everything, it is someone else's fault. Everything is rigged. He blames the media, yet it was the media's millions of dollars in free press that even got him past the primaries. He is like any spoiled bully who wants it both ways. If the news reports a factual story that is bad for him, it is a conspiracy. If the news gives him coverage because he says outlandish news stating offensive things, he loves it and craves it . Here are the criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder:
1. Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment by others. ("I will make America Great again" — Trump)
2. Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc. ("When you're a star you can get away with it" (referring to the groping of women) — Trump)
Recommended Stories For You
3. Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions. ("Only I can fix it" — Trump)
4. Needing constant admiration from others. ("If Putin says nice things about me, I will say nice things about him" — Trump)
5. Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others. (all his Twitter feeds)
6. Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain. (Trump U.)
7. Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes or needs. (insults of the Khan Gold Star Family)
8. Intensely jealous of others and the belief that others are equally jealous of them. ("You know, it really doesn't matter what the media write as long as you've got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." — Trump
9. Pompous and arrogant demeanor. (Do I really need to cite examples here?) I hope you get the point.
Trump must not be elected as the leader of our country under any circumstances. Please have some principles and actually not vote for the person you admit you have serious problems with.
Trending In: Opinion
- The Sandoval family thanks you for your support during their loss (letter)
- Mazzuca: Why was planting of American flag omitted from ‘First Man’ film? (column)
- Norton: The smartest person in the room is rarely the one doing the most talking (column)
- Matney: Are depictions of murder, bloodshed, violence and death the best way to have fun? (column)
- Thanks to community, first responders for help following Eagle Ranch house fire (letter)
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- “Kavanaugh, get used to it”: Breckenridge bartender gets stiffed — with a message
- Ski.com and Epic Pass are accepting applications for the dream ski job