Vail Daily letter: Trump’s juvenile behavior
February 3, 2017
When Mr. Trump hangs up on the prime minister of Australia and says, "Don't worry about it," when he threatens to cut off money to a university because they have a protest, when he threatens trade sanctions on any country that disagrees with him, he is acting like a juvenile bully, not the president of the United States.
And when those who voted for him tell us who didn't to "get over it," that makes us wonder if they have any understanding at all as to what Trump's actions are doing to our standing in the world, the health of the earth, and yes, even the safety of this country. If you think this all about getting you better jobs, think again. This is all about putting more money and power in the hands of those who already have it.
Trending In: Opinion
- $5 million for a pile of wood? Avon has better things to spend money on (letter)
- Democrats should communicate values, rather than just bashing Trump (letter)
- Let’s fund transit the right way: Vote ‘yes’ for Proposition 110 (letter)
- Vote ‘no’ on Prop. 109 and ‘yes’ on Prop. 110 to fund transportation in Colorado (letter)
- Wissot: Don’t let politics play such an overwhelmingly negative role in your life (column)
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack