Vail Daily letter: Vote for Chandler-Henry
October 18, 2016
I commiserate. I empathize. I feel your pain. There are few, whether right or left, who won't get an serious case of acid indigestion when they mark their choice for president this fall. Relax. The perfect antacid is just a short way down the ballot. Kathy Chandler-Henry for county commissioner will calm your roiling stomach and revive your faith in democracy.
It is difficult for me to list all her outstanding qualities for fear of sounding hyperbolic and insincere. Certainly, no one can possibly be that good. Right? Wrong! She is intelligent. She is educated. She is open-minded. She is thoughtful. She is humble (to a fault in a politician). She is warm and compassionate. She can be hard headed when needed. She is fiscally responsible. She works tirelessly for the people of Eagle County. Really, she's that good.
Please, please vote for Kathy Chandler-Henry. Your vote for her will help you to forget this dismal chapter in our country's history.
Former Eagle County commissioner
Trending In: Opinion
- $5 million for a pile of wood? Avon has better things to spend money on (letter)
- Vote ‘no’ on Prop. 109 and ‘yes’ on Prop. 110 to fund transportation in Colorado (letter)
- Vote ‘yes’ on 7D to support Colorado Mountain College, a diamond in our community (letter)
- Wissot: Don’t let politics play such an overwhelmingly negative role in your life (column)
- Vote ‘yes’ on Amendment 73 to add $11.6 million annually to Eagle County Schools (letter)
- Two people, a dog injured after vehicle crashes through garage in Edwards
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Pitkin County Courthouse ICE arrest likely a first