Vail Daily letter: ‘Yes’ on 1B
October 22, 2016
Without raising taxes, 1B will continue to protect water quality in our rivers; continue to conserve open space; continue to provide public access points to rivers; enable Eagle County to complete the Eagle Valley Trail paved path from Vail Pass to Glenwood in a fraction of the current timeline; and help support our soft trails effort valleywide.
We have hundreds of miles of multi-use soft trails in Eagle County, on county and federal lands. Stewardship of these trails is extraordinarily difficult. Local nonprofits have done amazing work finding creative ways to leverage tiny budgets, form partnerships with federal land managers and utilize volunteer efforts to maintain existing trails and build new, environmentally responsible connections throughout the valley. 1B will provide a more sustainable means for enabling us to maintain trails so that residents and visitors alike can take part in the amazing outdoor experiences that Eagle County has to offer for generations to come.
A "yes" vote on 1B to extend and broaden the existing open space tax ensures that the exceptional quality of life we enjoy in Eagle County remains a top priority.
Trending In: Opinion
- $5 million for a pile of wood? Avon has better things to spend money on (letter)
- Vote ‘no’ on Prop. 109 and ‘yes’ on Prop. 110 to fund transportation in Colorado (letter)
- Wissot: Don’t let politics play such an overwhelmingly negative role in your life (column)
- Vote ‘yes’ on 7D to support Colorado Mountain College, a diamond in our community (letter)
- Vote ‘yes’ on Amendment 73 to add $11.6 million annually to Eagle County Schools (letter)
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Two people, a dog injured after vehicle crashes through garage in Edwards
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard