Vail Daily letter: ‘Yes’ on 1B
November 2, 2016
Eagle Valley Land Trust urges you to vote "yes" on 1B. It is out of the ordinary for this land trust to take an advocacy position, however, the land trust felt it important to add its voice to the public discussion due to recent negative commentaries on measure 1B.
Eagle County's spectacular vistas and open spaces are why we all live here. Without raising our taxes, this initiative simply extends the existing tax to ensure that the county can continue to execute a long-term strategy that promotes clean water, abundant wildlife, and an outstanding trail network connecting our communities and the open spaces we and our families all enjoy. Many of our favorite places like Horn Ranch and the West Avon Preserve would not have been conserved were it not for the county open space tax 1B seeks to extend.
With the county population expected to nearly double in 30 years, 1B provides our leaders critical tools they need to pro-actively protect our exceptional quality of life.
We urge you to vote "yes" on 1B.
President of the board, Eagle Valley Land Trust
Recommended Stories For You
Executive director, Eagle Valley Land Trust
Trending In: Opinion
- Mazzuca: Why was planting of American flag omitted from ‘First Man’ film? (column)
- Norton: The smartest person in the room is rarely the one doing the most talking (column)
- The Sandoval family thanks you for your support during their loss (letter)
- Matney: Are depictions of murder, bloodshed, violence and death the best way to have fun? (column)
- Our View: The Vail Daily endorses some candidates, some ballot issues. Here’s why (editorial)
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail