Vail Daily letter: ‘Yes’ on 3A, 3B
November 2, 2016
Be prepared for a long ballot. Be prepared to vote from the bottom up (the final page is the local stuff). Be prepared to rightfully accommodate an over-capacity Eagle Valley High School (1,300 student population expected in next few years). Be prepared to give our teachers and students smaller class sizes that work. Be prepared to keep our best teachers by compensating them fairly. Be prepared to see our schools add needed security features for everyone's safety. Be prepared to protect your property values and retain your strong community because it has great schools.
Be prepared to vote "yes" for 3A and 3B.
If not, be prepared to see our beloved teachers cut and moved to other districts. Be prepared to see modulars all around Eagle Valley High School to squeeze in kids. Be prepared to have our communities look unattractive to newcomers because its schools faced budget cuts, overcrowding and dilapidated buildings.
Be prepared to vote.
Trending In: Opinion
- Carnes: A bigly appropriate Christmas poem (column)
- Insert yourself into the cogs of democracy (letter)
- Lien: Tell Sen. Cory Gardner to support Land and Water Conservation Fund (column)
- Birds of Prey showed our valley shining in the global spotlight; thanks for your contribution (letter)
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Skier dies after crash at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Woman falls through ice in Edwards attempting to rescue dog from pond
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Head ski equipment company leading the way for lighter, performance-based boots