Vail Daily letter: ‘Yes’ on 3A, 3B
November 2, 2016
Be prepared for a long ballot. Be prepared to vote from the bottom up (the final page is the local stuff). Be prepared to rightfully accommodate an over-capacity Eagle Valley High School (1,300 student population expected in next few years). Be prepared to give our teachers and students smaller class sizes that work. Be prepared to keep our best teachers by compensating them fairly. Be prepared to see our schools add needed security features for everyone's safety. Be prepared to protect your property values and retain your strong community because it has great schools.
Be prepared to vote "yes" for 3A and 3B.
If not, be prepared to see our beloved teachers cut and moved to other districts. Be prepared to see modulars all around Eagle Valley High School to squeeze in kids. Be prepared to have our communities look unattractive to newcomers because its schools faced budget cuts, overcrowding and dilapidated buildings.
Be prepared to vote.
Trending In: Opinion
- Mazzuca: Why was planting of American flag omitted from ‘First Man’ film? (column)
- Norton: The smartest person in the room is rarely the one doing the most talking (column)
- Our View: The Vail Daily endorses some candidates, some ballot issues. Here’s why (editorial)
- Noble: We are a country of immigrants, so why are we afraid to embrace Spanish speakers? (column)
- Carnes: Kanye West, Taylor Swift and the consequences for apathetic entertainment (column)
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed