Vail Daily letter: ‘Yes’ on 3A, 3B
October 14, 2016
The Eagle County Schools has done so much in the past five years to continue improving its offerings to our local students to prepare them to be successful, contributing members of our society. Dr. Glass has been a fantastic leader of this endeavor and his army of amazing teachers is stronger than ever. But they need our help! This fall, I am voting "yes" on Issues 3A and 3B.
Colorado is already among the lowest in the country in school taxation while education costs are continually on the rise. Issue 3A will help Eagle County Schools retain the great teachers we have through salary increases, smaller classrooms and more resources. Just last year Battle Mountain High School lost one of their best teachers to another mountain community because she couldn't afford to live here with her pay. This must stop!
Eagle County Schools also needs 3B because our buildings are aging and need long overdue repairs and upgrades. This will also provide students with relevant, upgraded instructional technology to prepare them for the globally competitive world. Please visit yesforecs.org to learn more!
Passing Issues 3A and 3B is a small price to pay for the future of our local schools. Our world class resorts deserve a world class school district and passing 3A and 3B will ensure this happens! Thank you for your support!
Trending In: Opinion
- Mazzuca: The meek have already inherited the earth (column)
- Time for U.S. Forest Service officials to say ‘no’ to Berlaimont Estates road project (letter)
- Connect for Health Colorado: Optimism surrounds sixth-annual open enrollment (column)
- With record profits the past few years, why doesn’t Vail Health lower its prices? (letter)
- Column calling bus riders ‘peasants’ was appalling and disgraceful (letter)
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- I-70 standoff suspect allegedly stabbed ‘good Samaritan’
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Does cannabis cost, or pay? CCU study claims marijuana costs $4.50 for every $1 it generates
- Winter Park Resort named best ski resort in North America by USA Today