Vail Daily obituary: Ellen Marie Norgard, 1926-2017
January 20, 2017
Ellen Marie Norgard, 90, passed away in her home on Jan. 9.
Ellen was born in Fremont City, Wisconsin, on March 22, 1926, to parents John and Ella Leonhard. She attended Lake Geneva High School in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. Ellen married Elmer Norgard (1923-2013) April 14, 1951, and a few years later moved to Eagle to own and operate a cafe and gas station. After many great years in Colorado she moved to Washington State to help raise her grandchildren.
Ellen will be remembered for her exuberant laugh, big smile, funny faces and her endless effort to keep everyone in line.
Survivors include son E.J. Norgard (Shannon); grandchildren Josh and Ethan Norgard; siblings Marjorie Rodriguez, John Leonhard and Joyce Fulton; and many nieces, nephews and friends. Please make a donation to Whatcom Hospice (www.whatcomhospice.org).
Trending In: Opinion
- Carnes: A bigly appropriate Christmas poem (column)
- Birds of Prey showed our valley shining in the global spotlight; thanks for your contribution (letter)
- Lien: Tell Sen. Cory Gardner to support Land and Water Conservation Fund (column)
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Insert yourself into the cogs of democracy (letter)
- Skier dies after crash at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Vail Pass upgrades will have to balance needs of motorists, cyclists, wildlife