Vail Daily obituary: Ellen Marie Norgard, 1926-2017
January 20, 2017
Ellen Marie Norgard, 90, passed away in her home on Jan. 9.
Ellen was born in Fremont City, Wisconsin, on March 22, 1926, to parents John and Ella Leonhard. She attended Lake Geneva High School in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. Ellen married Elmer Norgard (1923-2013) April 14, 1951, and a few years later moved to Eagle to own and operate a cafe and gas station. After many great years in Colorado she moved to Washington State to help raise her grandchildren.
Ellen will be remembered for her exuberant laugh, big smile, funny faces and her endless effort to keep everyone in line.
Survivors include son E.J. Norgard (Shannon); grandchildren Josh and Ethan Norgard; siblings Marjorie Rodriguez, John Leonhard and Joyce Fulton; and many nieces, nephews and friends. Please make a donation to Whatcom Hospice (www.whatcomhospice.org).
Trending In: Opinion
- $5 million for a pile of wood? Avon has better things to spend money on (letter)
- Vote ‘no’ on Prop. 109 and ‘yes’ on Prop. 110 to fund transportation in Colorado (letter)
- Vote ‘yes’ on 7D to support Colorado Mountain College, a diamond in our community (letter)
- Proposition 112, a family’s perspective (letter)
- Vote ‘yes’ on Amendment 73 to add $11.6 million annually to Eagle County Schools (letter)
- Two people, a dog injured after vehicle crashes through garage in Edwards
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy, Eagle Valley High School go 1-2 at state mountain biking championships