Vice President Mike Pence recognizes Mikaela Shiffrin, hometown of Eagle-Vail (letter)
February 23, 2018
Dear Mr. Toms: As leader of the United States delegation to the 2018 Olympic Winter Games, I am proud to join the people of Eagle-Vail in honoring your community's own Mikaela Shiffrin as a member of the U.S. Olympic Team in Pyeongchang, South Korea.
Together, the members of our Olympic Team represent the strength of our nation and the destiny of American greatness at home and around the world. I join Americans everywhere in applauding these athletes and cheering them on as they reach for their dreams.
On behalf of the American people, I want you to know how proud we are of your community for representing America on the world stage. Please know that I will be rooting for Mikaela and rallying behind Team USA as they compete in the XXIII Olympic Winter Games in Pyeongchang.
May God bless the people of Eagle-Vail, may God bless our 2018 Olympic Team, and may God bless the United States of America.
Michael R. Pence
Recommended Stories For You
Vice president of the United States
Trending In: Opinion
- The future of our local wildlife is up to us; just say ‘no’ to paved access to Berlaimont (letter)
- Our view: Restrictions may be lifted, but it’s still dry in the backcountry (editorial)
- Thomas: A history lesson on the Founding Fathers, courtesy of Brett Kavanaugh (column)
- Scatter ashes wherever, but don’t bring headstones into the wilderness (letter)
- Why I volunteer as a mentor with the Vail Valley Foundation’s YouthPower365 (letter)
- Vail Valley entrepreneur launches bikes into a new niche in the e-bike world
- Accused murderer Jacob White scheduled to plead and be sentenced Friday, Sept. 21, in Catherine Kelley case
- Eagle County Open Space celebrates new motocross park in Gypsum
- Hardscrabble Ranch plan, and name change options, will be unveiled Wednesday night, Sept. 19
- Vail Valley boy suffers only minor injuries after colliding with food truck