Vote Adam and Kristen for Holy Cross Energy Board of Directors (letter)
May 22, 2018
Editor: I have been working on climate change for most of my career. The most common question I get is: "What can I do?" My responses are often pretty vague and lame: "Be a citizen. Vote. Donate to climate groups. Write or visit your congressperson. March."
But every once in a while, a real, legitimate action appears, one that addresses climate change at scale and where individual actions can make a huge difference. You have such an opportunity right now.
If you are a member of Holy Cross Energy, you just received a mail-in ballot. Please vote for Adam Palmer and Kristen Bertuglia for the board. Thanks, in part, to their work, Holy Cross has become a national leader in clean energy, all while keeping our rates low. Their success is utterly bipartisan. One of the ways we'll solve the climate problem is by modeling successful, fiscally responsible, reliable utility models for the rest of the country. Holy Cross is already doing that, and your vote will ensure further progress.
Trending In: Opinion
- Vail Daily owes readers an apology for cartoon that uses #MeToo to demean victims (letter)
- Carnes: Did you do some stupid things in high school? Me too (column)
- Do we truly value wildlife or just the appearance of being in the wild? (letter)
- What’s a better approach for prisoners: Punishment or rehabilitation? (letter)
- Many conservative groups use hidden stealth tactics to influence opinion and political decision-making (letter)
- Catherine Kelley’s murderer pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman, says he ‘hates’ what he did
- Riverwalk Theater in Edwards has new owners and is now serving beer, wine
- Negative effects of legal marijuana rising, law enforcement task force study finds
- Utah man arrested near Eagle, suspected of firing pistol from moving vehicle
- Vail Resorts’ plan to expand Vail Mountain snowmaking draws good response