Vote Adam and Kristen for Holy Cross Energy Board of Directors (letter)
May 22, 2018
Editor: I have been working on climate change for most of my career. The most common question I get is: "What can I do?" My responses are often pretty vague and lame: "Be a citizen. Vote. Donate to climate groups. Write or visit your congressperson. March."
But every once in a while, a real, legitimate action appears, one that addresses climate change at scale and where individual actions can make a huge difference. You have such an opportunity right now.
If you are a member of Holy Cross Energy, you just received a mail-in ballot. Please vote for Adam Palmer and Kristen Bertuglia for the board. Thanks, in part, to their work, Holy Cross has become a national leader in clean energy, all while keeping our rates low. Their success is utterly bipartisan. One of the ways we'll solve the climate problem is by modeling successful, fiscally responsible, reliable utility models for the rest of the country. Holy Cross is already doing that, and your vote will ensure further progress.
Trending In: Opinion
- Proposed ‘boarding house’ not a good fit for the Eagle-Vail community (letter)
- If Colorado declares autism an ‘epidemic,’ it could have very impactful social effects (letter)
- Sheldon: There’s been a rise in hate crimes in our country, and words aren’t enough to combat it (column)
- Senior exemption from taxes? Here’s three reasons that would be a terrible idea (letter)
- Van Ens: Why are we met with silence regarding sexual predators in churches? (column)
- Woman found in Vail Dumpster requests exclusion of police testimony from trial, scheduled for February
- Best of Vail 2018 winners (full list)
- Is the Vail Valley’s good early snow a sign of more powder through the winter?
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife sends public reminder after sickly mountain lion kitten removed from private home
- Vail to open Northwoods on Saturday