Vote for a clean sweep for Avon Town Council (letter)
November 5, 2018
The current Avon Town Council has moved forward on several projects such as the purchase of the Skier Building, the painting of Beaver Creek Boulevard and the current traffic flow modifications to Beaver Creek Boulevard that did not necessarily have voter approval.
Avon citizens should sweep the Town Council clean in 2018 and vote for longtime valley residents and knowledgeable business people Tom Ruemmler, Adrienne Perer, Chico Thuon and Russell J. Andrade, who want to significantly reduce the 2 percent Real Estate Transfer Tax (RETT) and other taxes locals pay, have tourists contribute more toward infrastructure sized for peak tourist loads, obtain voter approval for large capital spending, lower the cost of living and housing for locals and make it Avon's priority to help citizens and businesses navigate overly complex ordinances so they can accomplish what they want to get done.
They do not support the use of certificates of participation, which can be used to get around voter approval to finance capital projects. These candidates will make moderate, logical and sane decisions.
If you believe in private property rights, a fresh perspective, logical decisions and want you and your children to be able to afford living in Avon, vote the "ticket," Tom Ruemmler, Adrienne Perer, Chico Theon and Russell J. Andrade, for a clean sweep in 2018.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Eagle County sheriff: Suicide breaking records in Eagle County; help is available (column)
- District Attorney: Felony summons instead of arrest is better path to justice for nonviolent offenders (column)
- Wissot: The two Americas of Texas are analogous of the country as a whole (column)
- Our nation can no longer tolerate hate speech and must instead embrace inclusiveness (letter)
- Treat: Preserve Camp Hale, a sacred space for the 10th Mountain Division and Colorado ski industry (column)
- Vail, Beaver Creek to open early for 2018-19 season
- Forest Service authorizes Golden Peak plan, Vail Mountain’s first expansion since Blue Sky Basin
- Former Denver Broncos quarterback Chad Kelly formally charged with felony trespassing
- Jonny Moseley, a ski bum touting a ski rum
- Vail’s events funding group praised; 13 new events to be funded in 2019