Vote for a forward-thinking leader: Jeanne McQueeney for Eagle County commissioner (letter)
November 3, 2018
Dear editor: A vote for Jeanne McQueeney is a vote for progress in Eagle County. Our county has prospered with the current team of leaders.
Jeanne McQueeney is a member of that team that believes Eagle County is a place where working families succeed, where children thrive, where our young adults find opportunity and seniors are vital members of our community.
Actions that have helped fulfill this vision the past few years include:
• Affordable housing units approved — 642 of them.
• Access to mental health services — a bold move supported by voter funding.
• Additional open space lands in protection — forever.
Recommended Stories For You
• Forward-thinking climate action planning.
But there is more that can be done, and Jeanne's vision will help guide us there because she cares about you and me and our families, our businesses. So let's keep moving forward as a home for all of us to thrive.
I encourage you to cast your vote for Jeanne McQueeney for Eagle County commissioner.
Trending In: Opinion
- Proposed ‘boarding house’ not a good fit for the Eagle-Vail community (letter)
- If Colorado declares autism an ‘epidemic,’ it could have very impactful social effects (letter)
- Sheldon: There’s been a rise in hate crimes in our country, and words aren’t enough to combat it (column)
- Senior exemption from taxes? Here’s three reasons that would be a terrible idea (letter)
- Best of Vail 2018 winners (full list)
- Woman found in Vail Dumpster requests exclusion of police testimony from trial, scheduled for February
- Sunny skies, fresh powder and free parking at Vail Opening Day 2018
- Vail to open Northwoods on Saturday
- Breckenridge Town Council votes to remove controversial trail troll