Vote ‘yes’ on 1A to preserve the well being of Eagle County (letter)
October 17, 2018
The open space in Eagle County is what makes this area so appealing. Please vote "yes" on Issue 1A to keep us that way.
I visited family here for years before moving to Eagle, and while I miss the small ranches and the more wild land, I am eternally grateful to the citizens who had the foresight to vote to keep open space.
Have you ever seen the red of a fox early in the morning hunting across an area that might have been a development or a herd of elk in an open field? Money should not be able to buy that out of existence. Open space gives the elk, foxes, deer, wild turkeys, marmots and all the critters that live along the rivers a chance to survive.
Please vote "yes" on Issue 1A on the November ballot. It is so important for the well being of Eagle County.
Trending In: Opinion
- Eagle County sheriff: Suicide breaking records in Eagle County; help is available (column)
- District Attorney: Felony summons instead of arrest is better path to justice for nonviolent offenders (column)
- Wissot: The two Americas of Texas are analogous of the country as a whole (column)
- Our nation can no longer tolerate hate speech and must instead embrace inclusiveness (letter)
- Treat: Preserve Camp Hale, a sacred space for the 10th Mountain Division and Colorado ski industry (column)
- Vail, Beaver Creek to open early for 2018-19 season
- Forest Service authorizes Golden Peak plan, Vail Mountain’s first expansion since Blue Sky Basin
- Former Denver Broncos quarterback Chad Kelly formally charged with felony trespassing
- Jonny Moseley, a ski bum touting a ski rum
- Vail’s events funding group praised; 13 new events to be funded in 2019