Vote ‘yes’ to support Greater Eagle and Gypsum fire districts (letter)
October 17, 2018
I am expressing my support for the mill levy tax increases for both the Eagle and Gypsum fire protection districts. Voting yes will let the districts keep monies they already have. Without these, monies the districts will have a significant and automatic income decrease due Colorado's convoluted property assessment calculations.
Since most monies pay for fire personnel, and balanced budgets are mandatory, the western Eagle Valley fire districts will lay off firefighters. The dry summer we had further validated the need for this level of needed service. We owe them our thanks and our "yes" vote. For disclosure, I have no financial conflicts by supporting a "yes" vote.
Trending In: Opinion
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Obituary: Harald Ernst Fricker, Jan. 13, 1960 – Jan. 8, 2019
- Mikaela Shiffrin dominates World Cup giant slalom in Italy for 10th win of season
- Chris Anthony: The underwater search for a missing piece of 10th Mountain history
- Colorado women dominated Sports Illustrated list of fittest athletes in the world