‘War! What is it good for? Absolutely nothing!’ and Mark Williams agrees (letter)
June 4, 2018
Dear editor: This wonderful protest song went out in the 1960s, and the nation stopped the American military machine.
Mark Williams, my choice for Congress in Colorado's 2nd Congressional District, understands war. He served as a fighter pilot in the Persian Gulf.
Mark is a warrior who wants to end war. Like me, Mark is sick of how the leadership in both political parties has directed the nation for nearly 20 years. It's a stunning failure on a global scale.
Do you want to support the same corporate-controlled crew that has supported an endless series of wars for a generation?
I don't. That's why Mark Williams is my choice. Mark is not part of the bought, branded and sold Democratic leadership. He will stand up to his own party — and anyone that favors needless war.
War is still good for nothing and it is time to stand up and let your peace-loving progressive voice be heard on Tuesday, June 26.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- The future of our local wildlife is up to us; just say ‘no’ to paved access to Berlaimont (letter)
- Why I volunteer as a mentor with the Vail Valley Foundation’s YouthPower365 (letter)
- Our view: Restrictions may be lifted, but it’s still dry in the backcountry (editorial)
- Thomas: A history lesson on the Founding Fathers, courtesy of Brett Kavanaugh (column)
- Ramirez: Why Testing Matters (column)
- Vail Valley entrepreneur launches bikes into a new niche in the e-bike world
- Hardscrabble Ranch plan, and name change options, will be unveiled Wednesday night, Sept. 19
- Accused murderer Jacob White scheduled to plead and be sentenced Friday, Sept. 21, in Catherine Kelley case
- Eagle County Open Space celebrates new motocross park in Gypsum
- Vail Valley boy suffers only minor injuries after colliding with food truck