What was really at stake in the Kavanaugh hearings? (letter)
October 26, 2018
Mr. Wissot, I read your Saturday, Oct. 6, column with great interest ("Sen. Jeff Flake comes up big"). Two sentences jumped off the page, and I quote: "This is a fight to the death." And "Whether Blasey Ford will succeed is an unknown." Really?
Death of what, civility? Succeed in what, destroying a good man over political ideology? Really?
Trending In: Opinion
- Eagle County sheriff: Suicide breaking records in Eagle County; help is available (column)
- District Attorney: Felony summons instead of arrest is better path to justice for nonviolent offenders (column)
- Wissot: The two Americas of Texas are analogous of the country as a whole (column)
- Our nation can no longer tolerate hate speech and must instead embrace inclusiveness (letter)
- Treat: Preserve Camp Hale, a sacred space for the 10th Mountain Division and Colorado ski industry (column)
- Vail, Beaver Creek to open early for 2018-19 season
- Forest Service authorizes Golden Peak plan, Vail Mountain’s first expansion since Blue Sky Basin
- Former Denver Broncos quarterback Chad Kelly formally charged with felony trespassing
- Jonny Moseley, a ski bum touting a ski rum
- Vail’s events funding group praised; 13 new events to be funded in 2019