What’s the deal with the obnoxious Wildridge sign? Get rid of it (letter)
April 21, 2018
What's the deal with the flashing, orange message board on Wildridge Road? I assume this is the town of Avon's doing. The sign, which is surrounded by orange highway cones, currently reads "Happy Sprinng" (sic). Is it really necessary to disturb the natural surroundings of a scenic road with this kind of gratuitous messaging?
I guess somewhere along the way someone at the town of Avon decided it would be a great idea to purchase a big, obnoxious highway message board for these types of communications, and now they're trying to justify it by dumping it on the side of the road every now and then. I think it's time to wheel that thing into the storage unit — permanently. No one likes it.
Trending In: Opinion
- Why I volunteer as a mentor with the Vail Valley Foundation’s YouthPower365 (letter)
- Ramirez: Why Testing Matters (column)
- Goldberg: Feinstein’s handling of Kavanaugh accusation has made our politics even uglier (column)
- Scatter ashes wherever, but don’t bring headstones into the wilderness (letter)
- Dylan Roberts has spirit to tackle Colorado’s health care issues (letter)
- Catherine Kelley’s murderer pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman, says he ‘hates’ what he did
- Dry weather prompts local, federal officials to put Eagle County back under fire restrictions, Stage 1
- Eagle County knows finding affordable housing solutions never gets easier
- Everybody sing, ‘Sweet Caroline,’ as Battle Mountain volleyball beats Eagle Valley
- Tamra Nottingham Underwood, fourth generation resident, running for council in Avon