What’s the deal with the obnoxious Wildridge sign? Get rid of it (letter)
April 21, 2018
What's the deal with the flashing, orange message board on Wildridge Road? I assume this is the town of Avon's doing. The sign, which is surrounded by orange highway cones, currently reads "Happy Sprinng" (sic). Is it really necessary to disturb the natural surroundings of a scenic road with this kind of gratuitous messaging?
I guess somewhere along the way someone at the town of Avon decided it would be a great idea to purchase a big, obnoxious highway message board for these types of communications, and now they're trying to justify it by dumping it on the side of the road every now and then. I think it's time to wheel that thing into the storage unit — permanently. No one likes it.
Trending In: Opinion
- Proposed ‘boarding house’ not a good fit for the Eagle-Vail community (letter)
- Van Ens: Why are we met with silence regarding sexual predators in churches? (column)
- Raise the gas tax in Colorado to help fund road construction and maintenance (letter)
- Wissot: I miss the America before America became great again (column)
- Sheldon: There’s been a rise in hate crimes in our country, and words aren’t enough to combat it (column)
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife sends public reminder after sickly mountain lion kitten removed from private home
- Vail’s Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin
- Is the Vail Valley’s good early snow a sign of more powder through the winter?
- Vail Valley Running Club qualifies for nationals again
- Best of Vail 2018 winners (full list)