Which sign works better? “Gun-free zone” or “armed personnel in this building”? (letter)
March 7, 2018
Richard Carnes did a column "Time for ski instructors to pack heat" (Tuesday, Feb. 27). I gather it was his sarcastic attempt to disparage the idea of arming teachers in schools.
Consider this: Which sign is more likely to deter a shooter from entering a school, one that says "gun-free zone" or one that says "armed personnel in this building"?
Trending In: Opinion
- I-70 closed in Glenwood Canyon after fatality in traffic incident
- Police investigating car vs. pedestrian fatality on I-70 in Glenwood
- Vail’s Mikaela Shiffrin four-peats in worlds slalom
- Avalanche advisory issued for Vail, Summit County through Presidents Day weekend
- Father of snowboarder who died at Snowmass: ‘He was just one of those good guys’