Without a free press, democracy is destroyed (letter)
August 30, 2018
I was very glad to see Ben Trollinger's letter in the Friday, Aug. 17, Vail Daily ("President Trump, the enemy isn't us"). I am hoping the Vail Daily has joined the hundreds of other newspapers across the country who are speaking out this week against the attacks on the news media in general.
Without a free press, democracy is destroyed. Lies and fear become the driving forces. This is a critical time for citizens to speak up.
Trending In: Opinion
- Why I volunteer as a mentor with the Vail Valley Foundation’s YouthPower365 (letter)
- Ramirez: Why Testing Matters (column)
- Goldberg: Feinstein’s handling of Kavanaugh accusation has made our politics even uglier (column)
- Scatter ashes wherever, but don’t bring headstones into the wilderness (letter)
- Dylan Roberts has spirit to tackle Colorado’s health care issues (letter)
- Catherine Kelley’s murderer pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman, says he ‘hates’ what he did
- Dry weather prompts local, federal officials to put Eagle County back under fire restrictions, Stage 1
- Eagle County knows finding affordable housing solutions never gets easier
- Everybody sing, ‘Sweet Caroline,’ as Battle Mountain volleyball beats Eagle Valley
- Tamra Nottingham Underwood, fourth generation resident, running for council in Avon