Without a free press, democracy is destroyed (letter)
August 30, 2018
I was very glad to see Ben Trollinger's letter in the Friday, Aug. 17, Vail Daily ("President Trump, the enemy isn't us"). I am hoping the Vail Daily has joined the hundreds of other newspapers across the country who are speaking out this week against the attacks on the news media in general.
Without a free press, democracy is destroyed. Lies and fear become the driving forces. This is a critical time for citizens to speak up.
Trending In: Opinion
- Have a safe and sober ski season; leave the drinking for apres (letter)
- Eagle County sheriff: Suicide breaking records in Eagle County; help is available (column)
- District Attorney: Felony summons instead of arrest is better path to justice for nonviolent offenders (column)
- Did readers recognize the message of elitist bigotry in Noble’s column? (letter)
- Noble: Collective delusion: Tell the people what they want to hear (column)
- Vail, Beaver Creek to open early for 2018-19 season
- Forest Service authorizes Golden Peak plan, Vail Mountain’s first expansion since Blue Sky Basin
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Vail Valley winter air service includes more flights from several cities
- Jonny Moseley, a ski bum touting a ski rum