Without a free press, democracy is destroyed (letter)
August 30, 2018
I was very glad to see Ben Trollinger's letter in the Friday, Aug. 17, Vail Daily ("President Trump, the enemy isn't us"). I am hoping the Vail Daily has joined the hundreds of other newspapers across the country who are speaking out this week against the attacks on the news media in general.
Without a free press, democracy is destroyed. Lies and fear become the driving forces. This is a critical time for citizens to speak up.
Trending In: Opinion
- Obituary: Harald Ernst Fricker, Jan. 13, 1960 – Jan. 8, 2019
- Trap-kill may be only option for Glenwood mountain lions
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Lindsey Vonn finishes 15th in return to World Cup from injury, gets heckled
- Colorado women dominated Sports Illustrated list of fittest athletes in the world