‘Yes’ on 1A: Extend Eagle County open space for generations to come (letter)
October 26, 2018
I love living in Eagle County for our mountain lifestyle. We are blessed to be surrounded by public land and beautiful landscapes to admire and enjoy. After work and on the weekends, I enjoy mountain biking on the West Avon Preserve or floating down the Colorado River from Horse Creek River Access to Dotsero Landing.
All these places are made possible by Eagle County Open Space. In addition to enjoying the recreational opportunities provided by open space, I believe it is our responsibility as a community to protect habitat for the wildlife that are facing countless pressures as our expanding human population continues to encroach upon their land. Hardscrabble Ranch and Homestead Open Space both serve as critical habitat for elk and deer.
Although I have lived in Eagle County for 10 years, I moved to Eagle three years ago. Living in Eagle, I really appreciate the agricultural heritage of our county. With projects like Hardscrabble Ranch, Eagle County is preserving that heritage.
Eagle County Open Space leverages tax dollars with funding from other sources, including grants and federal programs, as well as private donations, to purchase conservation easements or land outright to protect wildlife and preserve our natural wonders for generations to come.
Voting "yes" on Issue 1A this Election Day will continue the Eagle County Open Space program for years to come, ensuring that we work as a community to:
• Protect our recreation economy
Recommended Stories For You
• Preserve our natural environment and river corridors, and
• Protect Eagle County's diverse wildlife,
All without raising taxes.
Eagle County Open Space: It's why we live here!
Trending In: Opinion
- Proposed ‘boarding house’ not a good fit for the Eagle-Vail community (letter)
- If Colorado declares autism an ‘epidemic,’ it could have very impactful social effects (letter)
- Sheldon: There’s been a rise in hate crimes in our country, and words aren’t enough to combat it (column)
- Senior exemption from taxes? Here’s three reasons that would be a terrible idea (letter)
- Best of Vail 2018 winners (full list)
- Woman found in Vail Dumpster requests exclusion of police testimony from trial, scheduled for February
- Sunny skies, fresh powder and free parking at Vail Opening Day 2018
- Vail to open Northwoods on Saturday
- Breckenridge Town Council votes to remove controversial trail troll