Man dives off rock into Green Mountain Reservoir Tuesday, doesn’t resurface
August 2, 2017
A man who dove from a popular diving rock into Green Mountain Reservoir Tuesday afternoon did not surface. The Summit County Sheriff’s Office is referring to the incident as a suspected drowning.
The Sheriff's Office was notified at about 4:40 p.m. Tuesday, according to a news release. Deputies arrived at the reservoir in about 15 minutes and starting interviewing witnesses, including people with the diver who had rented pontoon boats at the reservoir and who were camping nearby.
At about 6:30 p.m., Sheriff’s Office Special Operations personnel arrived on scene with a boat and sonar equipment in an effort to locate the man. County Road 30 from the north entrance to the Green Mountain Dam and an area of water surface around the rock have been closed to the public.
Trending In: Main Carousel
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail