Man dives off rock into Green Mountain Reservoir Tuesday, doesn’t resurface
August 2, 2017
A man who dove from a popular diving rock into Green Mountain Reservoir Tuesday afternoon did not surface. The Summit County Sheriff’s Office is referring to the incident as a suspected drowning.
The Sheriff's Office was notified at about 4:40 p.m. Tuesday, according to a news release. Deputies arrived at the reservoir in about 15 minutes and starting interviewing witnesses, including people with the diver who had rented pontoon boats at the reservoir and who were camping nearby.
At about 6:30 p.m., Sheriff’s Office Special Operations personnel arrived on scene with a boat and sonar equipment in an effort to locate the man. County Road 30 from the north entrance to the Green Mountain Dam and an area of water surface around the rock have been closed to the public.
Trending In: Main Carousel
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- I-70 standoff suspect allegedly stabbed ‘good Samaritan’
- Vail Pass Rest Area death ruled a suicide
- Does cannabis cost, or pay? CCU study claims marijuana costs $4.50 for every $1 it generates
- Vail Resorts has sold about 925,000 passes of all kinds for this ski season