Tricia Mangan replaces Jackie Wiles on US Olympic team
February 6, 2018
PYEONGCHANG, South Korea — Alpine skier Tricia Mangan has been added to the U.S. Olympic team.
Mangan is a 20-year-old from New York who finished 19th in a World Cup combined event at Lenzerheide, Switzerland, this month.
The U.S. Olympic Committee announced Tuesday that Mangan joined the roster after Jackie Wiles was ruled out of what would have been her second Winter Games because of a knee injury.
Wiles was hurt during a World Cup downhill in Germany on Saturday.
More AP Olympic coverage: https://wintergames.ap.org/
Trending In: PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics
- Russian ski racers talk doping, Winter Olympics
- ALS will take Tim Fletcher’s life, but he won’t let it take one more chance to cheer on his Steamboat Springs Olympic sons
- ‘It’s always been a dream’: Duo who built Copper halfpipe to build Olympic pipe too
- Mikaela Shiffrin reaches podium in World Cup GS race in Austria
- With gold and silver, Mikaela Shiffrin savors the ‘incredibly sweet’ moment
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza guilty of aggravated incest
- Can a hashtag make driving Vail Pass more safe during the winter months?
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- Obermeyer’s throwback styles make a comeback for 2019