Eagle County’s luxury housing market shows signs of balance
August 29, 2015
EAGLE COUNTY — The number of luxury homes sold (sales over $1 million) in the resort market of Eagle County showed signs of balance, according to a July luxury market report by LIV Sotheby's International Realty.
In July, Eagle County communities saw an especially high volume of activity due to an increased number of visitors and second-home owners in town, LIV Sotheby's International Realty said. Summer tends to be a popular time for home buying in the luxury sector (homes over $1 million), and also homes in the $400K – $700K range, which often receive multiple offers, the company said.
Buyers Planning for the Future
"Sales in June showed an increase in the higher end market in dollar volume, due to seven sales of $5 million or more, with the largest sale at $15.75 million," said Dan L. Fitchett, Jr., managing broker, LIV Sotheby's International Realty, Vail Valley. "Sales in July showed a decline in dollar volume from June with three sales of over $5 million with one of those over $9 million. Rather than the boom years of speculation, buyers are investing in the resort lifestyle and plan to own their homes for the foreseeable future. This sets up a more stable real estate market."
In Eagle County, 26 homes with a price tag of more than $1 million sold in July, up 30 percent over 20 homes in July 2014, according to LIV Sotheby's International Realty's year over year comparison, based on information from Vail Board of Realtors/MLS. Average price per square foot rose slightly, 5 percent from $824 in July 2014 to $862 in July of this year.
About LIV Sotheby's Realty
Recommended Stories For You
LIV Sotheby's International Realty compiles a quarterly luxury market report to help consumers make better real estate decisions, whether purchasing or selling a home.
To access current market reports, visit http://www.coloradomarketreports.com. For more information, call Brittanny Havard, public relations manager at LIV Sotheby's International Realty at 303-486-3738. For more information, please visit http://www.liv sothebysrealty.com
Trending In: Real Estate
- Realtors join forces with insurance companies, wildfire safety organizations to offer preparedness guide for Colorado residents
- Frost Creek golf and mountain club membership, real estate sales strong in 2017
- Be careful what you grow: Many plants can be poisonous to pets and livestock
- Docking stations: Furniture with ports and plugs to connect you
- Kitchen oasis: The perfect island provides a social hub for your home
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail