Firm holds first local auction July 28
August 23, 2015
EDWARDS — Sheldon Good & Company is launching its first luxury auction campaign in the Vail Valley. The company has sold estates throughout the United States and internationally in locations including Aspen, Chicago, New York City, Palm Beach, Napa Valley, the Hamptons and other resorts, but never in the Vail area. The company's initial local auction will be held July 28.
"We have been in the auction business since 1965 and started to focus on luxury real estate auctions for the past decade," said Craig Post, executive director for Sheldon Good & Company. "What we've learned about high-wealth individuals is that they want an easier and more efficient process to sell their residential properties, whether primary or secondary. An auction provides action and results; an auction process provides a date-certain time of sale. The owner knows that on a specific date, the home will be sold. This is a great benefit for planning."
Elk Ridge Ranch, atop Squaw Creek, is an 11,000 square-foot mansion with 360 degree views of the Flat Tops, the Gore and the Sawatch ranges. It sits on an original stagecoach road which once took travelers from Leadville to Eagle. It abuts the Diamond S Ranch on the Eagle River Valley floor as well as extensive Bureau of Land Management property.
"A date-specific, price-specific approach lets buyers know that we are serious sellers," Post said. "It also provides potential buyers with a great opportunity to name their price for the home. We know that the home will be sold on a specific date and the buyer knows that the home is guaranteed to sell."
For more information on Elk Ridge Ranch auction, go to http://www.SheldonGood.com/Luxury or call 1-800-480-0062.
Trending In: Real Estate
- Ask a Realtor: Working up to your dream home is a step-by-step journey (column)
- Mortgage Matters: Be educated, savvy and ready to move quickly when purchasing a home (column)
- Kitchen oasis: The perfect island provides a social hub for your home
- Mountain Mortgage Guy: Loans for home rehab are becoming easier to get (column)
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- “Kavanaugh, get used to it”: Breckenridge bartender gets stiffed — with a message
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- In Avon, a controversial move will be discussed in building which was the subject of a controversial move