Frost Creek creates its own sales company near Eagle
July 15, 2016
EAGLE — Ownership at Frost Creek, a golf and residential club located just outside Eagle, announced that they will list all real estate at the club via the newly formed Frost Creek Realty LLC. Kevin Denton, a lifelong Eagle County resident, has served as the club's membership director since it was acquired by new ownership in April 2015. He will now head up Frost Creek Realty.
With a new business model and brand, membership sales at Frost Creek soared from 32 under previous ownership to 185 in the first 12 months.
"In Frost Creek's inaugural year, we needed to focus our internal efforts on creating a robust membership base," said Garrett Simon, partner at Meriwether Companies, Frost Creek's club and development management company. "It was crucial that we came out of the gates strong and laid a foundation for vibrant club life. Knowing that, we partnered with Slifer Smith & Frampton Real Estate in the first year to oversee real estate sales as the listing brokerage. Now that membership is growing rapidly, we are redefining Kevin's role and will be focused on supporting the local brokerage community and their clients."
Frost Creek's owners claim the property is one of the fastest-growing clubs in Colorado.
"While Kevin is new to this role with Frost Creek, his knowledge of the property dates back to 2011, when he began working for the previous owner as the listing agent," Simon said. "There are few people who know Frost Creek as well as Kevin."
"So far, we've done well both locally and nationally with membership and real estate sales," Denton said. "National members (anyone living outside of Eagle County) have loved renting our member cabins and staying on site, but many are finding that the more they stay in the cabins, the more they want a home here. The next step in that natural progression is real estate ownership at Frost Creek."
Recommended Stories For You
Frost Creek is comprised of 1,100 acres including an 18-hole Tom Weiskopf-designed golf course, a 40,000 square-foot clubhouse with Olympic-sized pool, tennis court and on-property fishing rights along more than two miles of Brush Creek. There are five member cottages and a working 1,533-acre ranch with Brush Creek water rights. The ranch is currently listed for sale by Mirr Ranch Group.
Trending In: Real Estate
- Ask a Realtor: Working up to your dream home is a step-by-step journey (column)
- Kitchen oasis: The perfect island provides a social hub for your home
- Mortgage Matters: Be educated, savvy and ready to move quickly when purchasing a home (column)
- Mountain Mortgage Guy: Loans for home rehab are becoming easier to get (column)
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Ski.com and Epic Pass are accepting applications for the dream ski job
- In Avon, a controversial move will be discussed in building which was the subject of a controversial move