New CEO joins Vail Board of Realtors
February 4, 2016
EDWARDS — The Vail Board of Realtors has announced the appointment of Mark S. Bergman as the group's new chief executive officer. He started work Feb. 1.
Bergman has been part of the Warren County and Greater Capital Region Realtor communities for almost 14 years.
"I am excited to begin a new phase of my career transitioning from real estate sales to leading a professional association in one of the most beautiful parts of our country," Bergman said.
Bergman first obtained his real estate license in 2002 after working for a variety of high tech corporations. He worked with several brokerages before opening his own firm based in North Creek, New York, where he was instrumental leading a zoning law revision which achieved a transfer of local jurisdiction from the Adirondack Park Agency. He volunteered many years with the Gore Mountain Ski Patrol and the Johnsburg Emergency Squad.
“Skiing is my passion. I’d be quite content to ski every day
— if someone would pay me to do it!”Mark S. BergmanChief executive officer, Vail Board of Realtors
Recommended Stories For You
Bergman is a past president of the Warren County Association of Realtors, a past president of the Warren County MLS, a multiple-term regional vice president of the New York State Association of Realtors, 2013 Realtor of the year and treasurer of the Capital Region MLS. He has served in numerous other real estate industry leadership roles and volunteered with a diverse variety of not for profit organizations.
"I've skied since I was 5," Bergman said. "Skiing is my passion. I'd be quite content to ski every day — if someone would pay me to do it! The Vail Valley offers a vibrant outdoors lifestyle that suits me well. Combining my love of the outdoors and professional leadership is a great match for me. I'm looking forward to making new friends and becoming active in the local business and not-for-profits communities."
The Vail Board of Realtors, established 1978, serves more than 650 members in one of the most affluent real estate markets in the country. The chief executive officer oversees the board's operation along with its wholly owned subsidiaries including the Vail Multiple Listing Service and the Vail Board of Realtors Foundation.
For more information, go to http://www.vbr.net.
Trending In: Real Estate
- Neuswanger: How the Russia Investigation might impact mortgage rates (column)
- Mountain Mortgage Guy: Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac release new mortgage loan limits (column)
- LIV Sotheby’s: How to land the right buyer for your ski property (column)
- Opening statement: Unique exterior and interior doors help set a home’s tone
- Adam’s Rib Ranch, club sold
- Russian spammers the likely source of fake email bomb threats, IT experts say
- Vail Resorts stock took epic tumble Friday
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- City of Aspen slams on brakes with Lyft contract
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza guilty of aggravated incest