Slifer Designs’ Georgopolis wins magazine award for Spraddle Creek home project
May 4, 2018
EDWARDS — Slifer Designs has announced that it was honored by Luxe Magazine with a regional Residential Excellence in Design Award for its 2016 work at a Vail residence.
The award honors company principal designer Andrea Georgopolis with the regional award for Best Bathroom, as judged by a panel of internationally known industry professionals.
"We are thrilled to receive this distinguished award from Luxe Magazine," said Slifer Designs founder and owner Beth Slifer. "We are so proud of Andrea's exceptional work done for this client, who gave us the creative license to make their vision come to life."
This 12,000-square-foot Spraddle Creek residence is located across the valley from the base of Vail Mountain. The owners of the home approached Slifer Designs when construction began in 2013 to combine their own traditional pieces with modern finishes for a transitional style. Over the course of three years, Georgopolis collaborated with the owners and builder to create more intimate spaces within larger spaces with a keen focus on the master bedroom and bathroom.
A Fusion granite-slab shower with a Taj Mahal quartzite surround was intended as the focal point of the master bathroom. The view of Vail Mountain was also key and became entirely possible from the 7-by-4-foot bathtub built for two. Lighting incorporated under the stone bench and the double rain-head shower by Waterworks, combined with the simple glass walls, make this space feel modern and spacious.
Recommended Stories For You
"In this portion of the residence, we had to work to blend aesthetics to come up with spaces that flowed," Georgopolis said. "The use of limestone, a more traditional product, was made more modern by adding texture to its plank sizing and running it continuously through the shower and bathroom."
Georgopolis has been a member of the Slifer Designs team for 19 years and in the industry since graduation from Colorado State University in 1995. Her design philosophy is not to have any rules. Her work can be seen from Hawaii to Martha's Vineyard, and current projects include properties in New York, Denver, Michigan and two in the Vail Valley.
For more information, call 970-926-8200 or go to http://www.slifer designs.com.
Trending In: Real Estate
- Beware the headlines: Real estate trends in other markets may not be applicable here (column)
- Vail Valley’s Slifer Designs names Kim Toms its managing principal of design
- Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Colorado Properties takes top honors for third-quarter performance
- Making room: Homes with flexible floor plans adapt and change with us
- Basecamp luxury townhomes in Avon are at the base of Beaver Creek Resort
- Vail, Beaver Creek to open early for 2018-19 season
- Forest Service authorizes Golden Peak plan, Vail Mountain’s first expansion since Blue Sky Basin
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Vail Valley winter air service includes more flights from several cities
- Jonny Moseley, a ski bum touting a ski rum