Avs’ goalie Anderson named NHL "star" after posting fifth shutout of season
After earning a second shutout in his past three games, Avalanche goalie Craig Anderson on Monday was tabbed one of the NHL’s three stars of the week.
Anderson went 3-0-0 with a 0.33 goals-against average and a .988 save percentage last week and helped lead the Avs to a sixth consecutive victory Sunday, a season-high streak.
Colorado leads the Northwest Division in sole possession of first place.
The goalie stopped 24 shots in a 6-0 victory over Edmonton on Jan. 18, the followed with 29 saves in a 2-1 win over Nashville on Friday.
On Sunday, his 27 saves netted him a fifth shutout this season after a 4-0 win over Dallas. He trails New Jersey’s Martin Brodeur (seven shutouts) and Florida’s Tomas Vokoun (six)
* View slide show of Predators-Avs game Jan. 22.
* View slide show of the Avs’ “Kid Line” – Matt Duchene, T.J. Galiardi and Brandon Yip.
* View slide show of Avalanche defenseman Kyle Cumiskey.
* Find notes and analysis from the ice on the All Things Avs blog.
* Evaluate boxscores, roster and the latest team numbers on the Avs Stats Page.
* Ask Adrian Dater about the team or NHL in the Avs Mailbag.
* Post photos of your team spirit.
for the league lead.
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Jeff Shiffrin, with his wife, Eileen, made the Vail area their home decades ago, and together raised Mikaela and Taylor Shiffrin, who was a member of the two-time NCAA Champion University of Denver Ski Team.