Vail Rec District summer youth sports camps begin Sunday
Vail, CO Colorado
VAIL, Colorado ” The Vail Recreation District’s youth summer sports camps kick off Sunday with the CSU Volleyball and Rocky Mountain Baseball Camps. Registration is available for both camps.
CSU Volleyball Camp, June 7-9, grades 2-12, Battle Mountain High School in Eagle-Vail. Colorado State University head volleyball coach Tom Hilbert will lead participants in individual skills training during the three-day camp. Grades second through sixth will meet from 8-9:15 a.m. and grades seventh through 12th will meet from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Cost is $160 for grades seventh through 12th and $60 for grades second through sixth.
Rocky Mountain Baseball Camp, June 8-12, ages 6 and older, Ford Park athletic fields. Participants will learn new baseball skills or refine existing skills during the five-day camp. Coached by Colorado State University-Pueblo coach Stan Sanchez, the camp is great for all ability levels. Cost is $145 for a full day, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. or $120 for a half day, 9 a.m.-noon. Children must be 8 years old or older to attend the full day session.
Junior Tennis Lessons: June 8-12, ages 5 and older, Vail Tennis Center. Junior tennis lessons will resume Monday, June 8, with a ratio of six students per coach. Lessons are from 9-10 a.m. for ages 5 to 6, 10-11 a.m. for ages 7 to 9, 11 a.m.-noon for ages 10 to 12 and noon-1 p.m. for ages 13 to 17. Costs are $65 per week or $60 per week for consecutive weeks.
Additional VRD youth sports camps taking place in June include:
– Figure skating camp for ages 4 and older, June 16-19 at Dobson Ice Arena.
– Mini-Hawk Sports Training Camp for ages 4 to 6, June 22-26 at Donovan Park playing field.
– Vail Girl’s Soccer Academy for ages 6 to 15, June 22-26 at Ford Park playing fields.
– Vail Valley Youth Foundation’s First Tee of Eagle County Vail Junior Golf Program for ages 6 to 17, all summer beginning in late June.
– Vail Gymnastics Summer Camp for ages 4 and older, June 29 to July 3 at the Vail Gymnastics Center. For information on volleyball, baseball, sports training, soccer, basketball or lacrosse camps, call 479-2280. For details on junior tennis lessons, call 479-2294. For information the figure skating camp, call 479-2287.
There Marco Odermatt was, in the Birds of Prey finish corral following his gutsy super-G run, wondering just how fast he was. As the second skier on course, and the first to finish, the confusion was understandable.