Winter Vail Rec sports programs
Vail, CO Colorado
VAIL, Colorado ” Registration is under way for the Vail Recreation District’s winter adult sports leagues including volleyball, basketball and indoor soccer.
– The co-ed broomball league will compete Sundays beginning Jan. 4. Costs are $100 per person with a minimum of five or a maximum of 12 participants per team. Helmets are required and other padding is suggested.
– The basketball league begins Jan. 4 and takes place on Sundays. Costs are $360 per team for VRD taxpayers and $390 per team for non-VRD taxpayers.
– Indoor soccer includes a co-ed league, which will compete on Tuesdays beginning Jan. 6 and an open league, which will compete on Thursdays beginning Jan. 8. Costs are $215 per team for VRD taxpayers and $230 per team for non-VRD taxpayers.
– The second session of winter volleyball will include a four-person co-ed league and six person co-ed league. Volleyball takes place on Wednesdays beginning Feb. 18. Cost is $200 per team.
– Basketball, volleyball and soccer will take place from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Red Sandstone Elementary School gymnasium. Broomball league will compete at 7:30, 8:30 and 9:30 p.m. at Dobson Ice Arena.
– Winter youth sports programs also kick off in January and include basketball, volleyball and ice skating and ice hockey. Program details are as follows:
– The youth volleyball clinic will take place from 4:30-5:45 p.m. Wednesdays, Jan. 4-Feb. 18 at Red Sandstone Elementary School gymnasium. The clinic is for grades 1-6 and limited to 30 participants. Cost is $50 per participant.
– High Country Hoops will take place from 9:30-11 a.m. Saturdays, Jan. 10-Feb. 14 at Red Sandstone Elementary School gymnasium. Cost is $50 per participant.
– Youth learn-to-skate sessions will continue through the winter with a second session beginning Jan. 7. The sessions are seven weeks long and include figure and ice hockey programs.
Additionally, adult open gym is under way at Red Sandstone Elementary School gymnasium. Costs are $3 per person and include basketball from 6:30-9:30 p.m. on Mondays, indoor soccer from 6:30-9:30 p.m. on Thursdays and indoor volleyball from 6-9 p.m. on Fridays.