Get your news in the Vail Daily!
Thank you for sending in your news, information and announcements!
The Vail Daily welcomes press releases, news tips, story suggestions, letters to the editor and guest columns. All submissions will be considered. The decision to print any submission is at the discretion of the Vail Daily editors.
We look forward to receiving your submission and sharing it with our community. Although we aim to publish all submissions, we cannot guarantee publication or specific publication date.
Write a letter to the editor or a guest column
The Vail Daily accepts letters to the editor that are 300 words or less. Column submissions should be 500 words or less. Letters and columns must include the author’s name, hometown, affiliation (if any) and phone number (for verification purposes only). The decision to print any submission is at the discretion of the Vail Daily editor. Form letters and letters considered libelous, obscene or in bad taste will not be printed, nor will letters containing personal attacks. Claims made in submissions have to be supported by facts and must cite sources as needed. Frequent writers are typically limited to having one letter or column run a month to keep the conversation fresh. There is also an emphasis on keeping the focus in the commentary section on local issues. Send your letter to email@example.com and guest columns to firstname.lastname@example.org
List your event
Send us general events to add to our event calendar here: Calender
• Via email: Send a high-resolution photo as an attachment to email@example.com. Include the text that you would like to run with the photo. For timely submissions, such as birthdays and anniversaries, please specify the date you would like the item to run in the paper.
• Submissions must be received by noon prior to the day of the desired publication.
• We cannot guarantee all submissions will be published. To guarantee placement, contact our paid ad department.
• Poems are not allowed in Town Talk unless the author can be verified to avoid copyright infringement or royalty fees.
• Items can only run in the paper once. Exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis for memorials, missing pets, etc.
• We cannot run fliers in Town Talk, as they reproduce poorly and the small text is often illegible.
• Please keep text to 100 words or less.
Share a Celebration
- Submit a celebration online (Birth, Birthday, Engagement, Wedding, Anniversary, Pet Birthday, Pet Obituary)
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call 866-850-9937
Place a Classified Ad – requires a separate sign-in account from your online and subscription accounts
Submit a press release
Word count: No more than 500 words. If you only have 100 words, that’s fine, too.
Photos: attached in email as .jpeg, nothing smaller than 1 inch, preferably around 10.
Fact box: If applicable, add a “more information” side box. This is mostly for events and should contain who, what, when, where, and why.
Sources: If citing a statistic or study, please include URLs to sources
We reserve the right to edit any press releases sent to us.
Business-related press releases can be sent to Scott Miller at email@example.com. News releases can be sent to Nate Peterson (firstname.lastname@example.org). Arts & Entertainment press releases can be sent to Sean Naylor (email@example.com), Carolyn Paletta (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Tricia Swenson (email@example.com)
Feature your business
Tell the story of your Vail Valley business with a Bizwatch feature in the Vail Daily.
Fill out the questionnaire below and attach a photo. Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Business name:
• Date opened:
• Contact information:
• What goods or services do you provide?
• What¹s new or exciting at your place?
• What strategy do you use to differentiate your business from your competition?
• What philosophy do you follow in dealing with your customers? What can your customers expect from you?
• Tell us a little about your background, education, and experience:
• What is the most humorous thing that has happened at your business since you opened?