Back pain mistakes and back-friendly advice
August 15, 2016
Exercise is a great way to manage many kinds of back pain. Just make sure you're doing it right!
Mistake: Jumping into exercise can aggravate pain.
Fix: Warm up a little longer. Ease into physical activity.
Mistake: If abdominal crunches alone make up your strength routine, a weak back may accompany your six-pack.
Fix: Support your back with strong muscles in the stomach, hips, and thighs. Visit the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (aaos.org) and search for "low back pain exercise guide."
Recommended Stories For You
Mistake: Do you hop off the treadmill and into the shower? You're missing the best part.
Fix: Take ample time to stretch when your muscles are warm. You'll improve elasticity in tight areas.
Brought to you by Kaiser Permanente
Trending In: Thrive
- Vail Valley’s most extravagant outdoor water users facing fines, disconnection
- Silver Creek Fire near Kremmling grows to 3,198 acres; air quality advisory in effect for Eagle County
- Woman from out of state dies after fall on Mount Royal in Frisco
- Rash of high-end bike thefts in Summit County might be connected to similar crimes in Vail, Avon
- Lives in progress, a thing to behold: Carol Conger helped thousands of Vail Valley people start life right