Money-saving snack action plan
August 15, 2016
Do snack attacks and poor nutrition bust your waistline as well as your budget? Fight back with these tips to create a money-saving action plan.
- Post grocery sale fliers on the fridge and have the whole family circle the healthy items. This gets your kids involved in meal planning and helps identify where to save money.
- Take stock of your pantry. Full shelves can help you whip up healthy meals in a pinch, so that you don't resort to fast food on the fly.
- Make a grocery list and stick to it. Add healthy basics, such as whole-wheat bread, low-fat dairy, and plenty of produce. Your list will ensure your dollars are spent keeping your healthy eating plan on track.
Trending In: Thrive
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ is leaving Park County, but residents continue to fight for more mining oversight
- San Diego man allegedly zip-tied his girlfriend, tried to strangle her in Vail lodge, faces attempted murder
- Soft cuffs and Gorilla tape were ‘consensual’ for San Diego man accused of attempted murder
- Alice McKennis earns spot in Wednesday’s Olympic downhill
- Eagle County’s ECO Transit bus system could see significant changes by next winter