Signature Dessert: Sweet Basil
November 13, 2018
Best Signature Dessert: Sweet Basil
- Sweet Basil
- The Rose
- The Blue Plate
Vail gets a little sweeter every time you have a taste of the Hot Sticky Toffee Pudding Cake at Sweet Basil. This staple on the dessert menu has been delighting guests since 1998. The combinations of brown sugar, rum, ice cream and peanut brittle continue to tantalize taste buds season after season.
"You can't go wrong with brown sugar and rum," said pastry chef Stacy Day.
Complement this meal finale with a pour of Osborne 30 Year Pedro Ximenez Sherry for the perfect pairing with this quintessential Vail dessert.
— Kim Fuller
Trending In: Entertainment
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza guilty of aggravated incest
- Can a hashtag make driving Vail Pass more safe during the winter months?
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- Obermeyer’s throwback styles make a comeback for 2019