Beaver Creek expands terrain
Vail, CO Colorado
BEAVER CREEK, Colorado – Beaver Creek’s skiable terrain will jump to 1,058 acres Saturday with more lifts and trails opening in Larkspur Bowl and Arrowhead. Skiers and riders will also gain an additional 30 minutes on the slopes when the resort shifts to an 8:30 a.m. opening Saturday. On Thursday morning, 5 inches of fresh snow fell overnight, and snowmaking crews have been working around the clock since October, using the optimal cold temperatures to their advantage.
In total, Beaver Creek will be operating 24 of its 25 lifts and will have 88 trails open for weekend skiers. The mountain operations teams will continue to open more trails as conditions permit.
The following lifts will be operating on Saturday:
• Buckaroo Gondola (No. 1).
• Highlands Lift (No. 2).
Participate in The Longevity Project
The Longevity Project is an annual campaign to help educate readers about what it takes to live a long, fulfilling life in our valley. This year Kevin shares his story of hope and celebration of life with his presentation Cracked, Not Broken as we explore the critical and relevant topic of mental health.
• Rose Bowl Express Lift (No. 4).
• Drink of Water Lift (No. 5).
• Centennial Express Lift (No. 6).
• Riverfront Gondola (No. 7).
• Cinch Express Lift (No. 8).
• Birds of Prey Express Lift (No. 9).
• Larkspur Express Lift (No. 11).
• Strawberry Park Express Lift (No. 12).
• Elkhorn Lift (Chair 14).
• Lower Beaver Creek Mountain Express Lift (Chair 15).
• Bachelor Gulch Express Lift (Chair 16).
• Arrowhead Express Lift (Chair 17).
• Upper Beaver Creek Mountain Express Lift (Chair 18).
• All conveyor and surface lifts.
In addition to Spruce Saddle and Mamie’s Mountain Grill, skiers and riders will have the option to refuel at Broken Arrow Restaurant and Red Tail Camp, both of which open for the season this Saturday. Beaver Crepes is open serving sweet and savory crepes for breakfast, lunch and apres.
On Saturday, skiers and snowboarders can race on The NASTAR and Pay-to-Race courses which will open for the season.