Boulder student died of accidential opium tea overdose | VailDaily.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Boulder student died of accidential opium tea overdose

BOULDER, Colorado ” The Boulder County coroner’s office says the February death of a University of Colorado student was caused by an accidental morphine overdose from opium tea.

Boulder police say they’re investigating the death and might file charges.

Roommates found the body of 20-year-old Alex McGuiggan late last month at their home in Boulder.



Police spokeswoman Sarah Huntley says poppy seeds ” used to make opium tea ” can be bought over the Internet but are not necessarily safe. She says that depending upon how the seeds are used, they might also be illegal.


Support Local Journalism