Vail switches to spring bus schedule
VAIL — Town of Vail buses transitioned to the spring schedule on Monday, April 22. Free parking will also be available in the Vail Village and Lionshead parking structures to coincide with reductions in bus service.
Here’s the schedule:
- The West Vail Green route provides hourly service from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. and every-other-hour service from 6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. with a 12 a.m. bus outbound on request only.
- The West Vail Red loop provides hourly service from 7:50 a.m. to 7:50 p.m. with service every other hour from 7:50 p.m. to 11:50 p.m.
- The East Vail bus will depart from the Vail Village Transportation Center every hour from 7:10 a.m. to 7:10 p.m. with service every other hour from 7:10 p.m. to11:10 p.m. with a 12 a.m. bus outbound on request only.
- The Golf Course bus will depart every hour from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. with service every other hour from 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. An outbound departure will run at 12:30 a.m. on request only.
- The Sandstone bus will depart every hour from 7:10 a.m. to 9:10 a.m. and 4:10 p.m. to 7:10 p.m. with every other hour service from 11:10 a.m. to 3:10 p.m. An 11:30 p.m. outbound bus will run only on request.
- In-town shuttles will run every 10 to 15 minutes from Lionshead to Golden Peak.
The summer bus schedule will begin May 27 and run through mid-November.
With a pitched battle brewing in the state legislature over his signature “public option” health insurance bill (HB19-1004) from last session, state Rep. Dylan Roberts, D-Avon, is urging calm before the coming storm.