Obituary: Eddie Gurule, Dec. 28, 1939, to Aug. 19, 2018
August 22, 2018
Eddie Gurule, of Gypsum, passed away peacefully surrounded by his family on Sunday, Aug. 19, at the beautiful age of 78.
Eddie was born Dec. 28, 1939, in Dixon, New Mexico, to Josephine and Filadelfio Gurule. He graduated in 1958 from Leadville High School, prior to schooling in California. Eddie was a hardworking man, working as a laborer for Climax and working his way up to general mine foreman.
Upon retiring, he worked as a snowcat operator for Cooper Mountain Ski Resorts and then on to the Hyatt as a maintenance engineer. Eddie received numerous promotions and awards at Climax, as well as employee of the year several times at the Hyatt.
Eddie loved the outdoors: fishing, hunting, boating and snowmobiling. You name it, he was always outdoors.
Eddie is survived by ex-wife Pauline Gurule; son Eddie Gurule Jr.; daughters Debi (Manuel) Marin and Diana (Walt) Valdez; grandchildren Sacheen, Victoria and Eddie III Gurule and Walt Jr. and Sylvia Valdez. He was blessed with numerous great-grandchildren. He is also survived by brothers Albert and Danny Gurule and sisters Clieo (Marcelo) Arguello and Mary (Fred) Mondragon.
Eddie is preceded in death by his father Filadelfio Gurule, mother Josephine Gurule and sister Betty Speaks. Celebration of life services and reception will be on Saturday, Aug. 25, at 10:30 a.m. at the Gypsum Town Hall.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Catherine Kelley’s murderer pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman, says he ‘hates’ what he did
- Negative effects of legal marijuana rising, law enforcement task force study finds
- Riverwalk Theater in Edwards has new owners and is now serving beer, wine
- Scammers targeting Vail Valley, gaining access to personal accounts and family funds
- Utah man arrested near Eagle, suspected of firing pistol from moving vehicle